15 Questions to Ask Yourself
Here are 15 Questions to Ask Yourself before getting into a Long Term Relationship. If you are in or have ever been in one, you would be well conversant with the pains and pleasures that are involved. There are moments of happiness interspersed with bouts of doubt and difference of opinions between you and your partner. Often in the first few months or may be even in the first few years the couple are blissfully happy. They are head over heels in love with each other and cannot find any flaw in their mate, however hard they try.
When in a relationship, we badly try to rediscover ourselves. Questions such as, “why we exist?”, “for whom do we exist?”, “does my partner actually deserve me or do I deserve him/her?” keep gnawing at our existence. Also, the very thought of uniting with our partner seems to cast us into perpetual tension. Thus we spend sleepless nights trying to find an answer. The challenge before both of us is whether we’ll be able to live with each other all of our lives.
Do the Groundwork
If you plan to be in a long term relationship, you need to do a good groundwork. It takes years to make a relationship work. At the very beginning, you should be clear about what you want from your partner and what you think you can do for him/her.
Take time and develop the optimum amount of trust that is required to make your relationship work. Compassion is another essential element which you need to feel for your partner, but that’ll take time. Thus, it’s important to spend quality time with your potential husband or wife.
The very thought of being with the same partner all your life might frighten you. However, give yourself time to review things and then decide accordingly. Here below are a few questions that you need to ask yourself before…
Getting Into a Long Term Relationship
- Are you both compatible? Are you ready to adjust to his/her and mindset?
- Does the one whom you plan to spend your life with acknowledge, appreciate and respect your dreams?
- Are you willing to accept his/her family and whether they are or will be creating havoc or not?
- Will you be disclosing to him/her your much coveted secrets?
- Do you completely trust your mate?
- Will he/she be smothering?
- Will you be able to retain your individual identity even after marriage?
- Would you be able to arise upon a joint consensus about how many kids you want?
- Do you both have similar takes on how you would like to bring your child up and the disciplinary measures that you plan to adopt?
- Will you have separate bank accounts or a joint account?
- How do you plan to manage your finances?
- Who’ll be doing the housework?
- Who’ll pay the bills, or if both, then what is the divide?
- Which one of you will be doing the grocery shopping and cooking?
- Would you need to cut down on the time you spend with your close friends now?
If you are able to find an answer to these questions, sit down and plan out things with your partner. Then your relationship will automatically unfold in the course of time and trace its own path.
~.* ♥ *.~
If you’d like to join our Match Making Service to meet that special someone with whom you can share love and happiness, please see our website at www.lovehonourandrespect.me . We’re still in the process of creating the site and setting up the service, but soon you’ll be able to join. It will be a service that includes organised dinners and dancing, so get ready to meet your Most Perfect Match.